Mary Debus -- Local Director

©2018 by Miss Brandywine Scholarship Organization

Miss Brandywine Scholarship Organization

Miss Brandywine Scholarship Organization is a part of the Miss Delaware Scholarship Organization. 

It is a local competition - a stepping stone to competing nationally at Miss America and Miss America's Outstanding Teen. Our titleholders will compete for the titles of Miss Delaware and Miss Delaware's Outstanding Teen.

It aims to promote scholastic achievement, creative accomplishment, healthy living and community involvement for young women within Delaware.

 

2020 Competition

The 2020 Miss Brandywine and Miss Brandywine's Outstanding Teen competition will take place on October 13, 2019 in Wilmington DE. 

 

We are currently seeking candidates and contestants for this competition. This is your opportunity to share your unique talents and passions! Build life skills and develop friendships while celebrating the excellent young woman that you are! 

If you would like to compete, please contact the Miss Brandywine Scholarship Organization Director, Mary Debus, at Director@MissBrandywine.com

or visit MissDE.org for more competition details

Frequently Asked Questions

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE MISS AMERICA (MAO) SYSTEM AND OTHER PAGEANTS? 

 

MAO is a not-for-profit organization committed to staying the largest provider of scholarship money for women in the world. Our evaluation system emphasizes community service, education, and personal achievements.

Before you enter this or any program of this nature, we would encourage you to find out as much as you can about the goals, motivations, and integrity of the organization. For more information about the Miss America Organization and Miss America's Outstanding Teen Organization, please visit

www.missamerica.org or www.maoteen.org.

1.

WHY DO I NEED A RESUME?

This is your opportunity to demonstrate to the judges why they should consider you for the position of Miss Brandywine or Miss Brandywine's Outstanding Teen. You may list as many or as few items under each category as you desire. This one page, combined with your Platform Statement and your Competition Contract will comprise your entire application for the responsibility of becoming Miss Brandywine or Miss Brandywine's Outstanding Teen.

3.

WHAT ARE THE TALENT REQUIREMENTS?

Talent, or artistic expression, is designed to be a short presentation of a special skill. Talents must not exceed 90 seconds (including any taped accompaniment) and must obey all copyright laws and regulations.

5.

WHAT IS A PLATFORM (SOCIAL IMPACT)?

 

A platform, or social impact, is an issue of special interest to a contestant that she advocates during her year of service. Each year, MAO contestants across the country log more than 500,000 community service hours towards their platforms. Platform topics range widely, and the Miss Delaware Scholarship Organization encourages its participants to choose a platform they are eager to serve.

 

Possible topics include, but are not limited to:  health issues, education, literacy, volunteerism, school-to-work programs, disease awareness, care for senior citizens, youth ministry, hunger, homelessness, women’s issues, veteran’s affairs, mentoring, organ and tissue donation, arts in education, recycling, environmental issues, drug abuse prevention, tobacco awareness, AIDS awareness, eating disorders awareness, breast cancer education, self-esteem, patriotism, etc.

 

Above all, choose a platform you truly enjoy. You will be spending a lot of time with your platform (especially if you win, but even if you don’t). Choose a platform that can be applied to larger areas than your hometown in case you have to extend your service statewide or even nationwide. Try to avoid centering a platform around one event. Instead of choosing a telethon for AIDS research, for example, choose AIDS awareness (you can still use the telethon as one of your projects).

2.

WHAT ARE THE PHASES OF COMPETITION?

Phases of competition vary for Outstanding Teen and Miss.

Teen contestants compete in Private Interview (25% of total score), Lifestyle and Fitness (15%), Talent (35%), and Evening Wear & On Stage Question (25%).

Miss candidates compete in Private Interview (25% of total score), On Stage Interview (15%), Talent (40%), and Evening Wear/Social Impact Statement (20%).

4.

 
 

Email us

Please contact us for more information about competing or sponsoring our titleholders!